Secret Stash Now Hiring Summer Interns!
That’s right, we are always looking for help here at Secret Stash. As a small burgeoning indie label we are doing big things and this is a great opportunity to get a hands on experience.
A Bit About Secret Stash
Recently declared “Best Record Label of The Twin Cities” by Minnesota Monthly, Secret Stash Records is dedicated to unearthing rare musical gems and sharing them with the world. We research, license, manufacture, and distribute reissues and compilations of historically significant “groove based music” from the US and abroad. Stylistically our releases are deeply rooted in funk and soul of the 60s and 70s. While we utilize all available mediums, we specialize in collectible limited edition vinyl pressings. We are a fiercely independent operation that manages virtually every single aspect of our business in-house. From product assembly, to distribution, PR, radio, and more, we run it all out of our uptown offices.
Secret Stash Records is currently searching for non-paid interns. Ideally, this would be about a 15-20 hour a week commitment taking place primarily during normal business hours. We are more than happy to work with your school so you can receive credit for your internship. Now, a little bit about the internship…
You will gain experience in the following areas:
Supply Chain Management
• As a truly independent record label, we are involved in every step of the supply chain. We deal directly with manufacturers, assemble and warehouse our products, sell directly to wholesalers, retail stores, and consumers, and fulfill orders.
• Advertising brands and releases through facebook, twitter, youtube, our website, email blasts, print media, and more
• Planning, helping coordinate, and advertising local release parties and events
Music Copyright Law and Licensing
• Hands-on experience with copyright law and licensing, including pulling mechanical licenses.
• Sitting in on conversations and meetings and gaining insight into the day-to-day decisions of record labels and artists, as well as the process of setting and evaluating long-term goals.
• Dropping off posters and flyers at local record shops.
• Recently Secret Stash help schedule and plan live events, concerts, and other activities with the label and the musicians featured on its releases.
The day-to-day responsibilities of this internship involve supply chain management, promotion, and music copyright law and licensing. Being in a tight-knit office, the most valuable information you will take away from this internship will be through paying attention to what is going on in the office and by asking questions. This is primarily an office based internship.
If you are interested get in touch with as at email@example.com
Looking forward to working with some awesome new folks here that can help us grow!